The Mount Prospect School started as a small frame house built around 1855.  The School was situated to be convenient for the pupils, however as Old Town Township grew, the school moved to the Northwest corner of Section 12 on Bentown Road.  The schoolhouse was destroyed by fire in 1907, but a new house was ready for lessons the following Fall.  The origin of the name is a mystery.  The area voters approved the merging of the school with the Downs-Ellsworth Unit in 1948.

This collection contains receipts, ledger book, and financial information from the school.