The Independent Order of Odd Fellows is a fraternal, service-based organization that had its beginning in Baltimore, Maryland in the early part of the 19th century. In December 1900 the IOOF of Bloomington moved into a new building designed by Arthur A. Pillsbury.  The collection’s cornerstone materials were donated after the 1900 temple was razed in August 1938.

This collection contains materials from the times that the IOOF corner stones were laid, including newspapers, bank statements of condition, and roll calls listing members and officers from various lodges.  The loose items include a book of IOOF Grand Lodge of Illinois Reports from the year 1900 and a journal of the proceedings of the Bloomington, IL city council from 1886.