Women’s Clubs began to form in 1890 when the General Federation of Women’s Clubs organized. Illinois Federation of Women’s Clubs was organized in 1894. Bloomington-Normal Junior Women’s Club was formed in 1928 under the leadership of the Women’s Club of Bloomington-Normal. Both Clubs reported to the Seventeenth District Illinois Federation of Women’s Clubs, located in Chicago, who in turn were governed by the General Federation of Women’s Clubs in Washington, D. C. Both Bloomington Women’s Club and Bloomington-Normal Junior Women’s Clubs were formed primarily as service clubs with goals to complete community projects each year. The goal of the parent club when organizing the Junior Clubs was to maintain a center for study, recreation, training for citizenship, public welfare and social development among the young women of Bloomington-Normal and vicinity to equip them for service in the community.