When Every Small Town Had a High School … Stanford High, 1936
Long before successive waves of school consolidation beginning apace in the late 1940s, every small town had their own high school. The Village of Stanford in Allin Township, located west of Bloomington, was no exception.
Seen here is the 1920 Stanford High School. The view is looking to the northwest. In 1972, Stanford became part of the consolidated Olympia School District.
The old high school shown here was torn down in 1980. The lower grade school has closed as well, though today it serves as the home of the Illinois Laborers’ and Contractors Training Facility.