Skip to Content
200 North Main St | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
/ Blog / Post
1 min read

Village of Colfax February 14, 1938

Aerial view of Colfax, 1938.

The view is looking east. “A” is Main Street; “B” Center Street; “C” the Illinois Central Railroad’s “Bloomer Line” (today it’s the Alliance Grain Co.’s Bloomer Shippers Connecting Railroad); “D” a lovely L-shaped row of Osage orange hedge that is gone today, just like many of the downtown buildings shown here.

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Leave a comment