We're closed today for a staff in-service day

Skip to Content
200 North Main St | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
/ Blog / Post

Tilden-Hall Hotel Downtown Bloomington, 1933

Old Tilden Hall Hotel, 1933.

Located at the corner of Madison and Washington streets, the six-story Tilden Hall is seen here in September 1933. The hotel was built around 1900 and was first known as the Arnold (and then the Hills and then the Arlington).
People Bank (now Commerce) purchased the hotel and tore it down in March 1962 to create a 23-space surface parking lot.

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Leave a comment