Photo of the Week, 17: Tracy Green & Co., circa 1928
Green & Co., circa 1928, located at the southwest corner of Washington and Gridley streets east of downtown Bloomington. In the
1930s and into the 1940s, this Chevrolet dealership was known as Green/Wells Inc.. By the late 1940s it became Tracy Green Motors, with
the business closing in the mid-1950s. In its last years it was an authorized dealer for Studebaker-Packard automobiles.
Today this city block is occupied by the old Union Insurance Group building, which now serves as a data center for A5, a Peoria-Bloomington internet / communications provider.