Photo of the Week, 12: Fore!
Incorporated in 1919, Maplewood Country Club stretched southeast of Linden St. and Jersey Ave. in Normal. The former residence of A.H. Watson served as the clubhouse (seen here). The country club folded in the early 1940s, and today, homes of the Maplewood subdivision occupy the former golf course grounds. This picture dates to May 1932, though the four ladies are unidentified.