North Side of Courthouse Square Downtown Bloomington, circa 1956
Here’s a wonderful view of the 100 block of West Jefferson Street, or the north side of the Courthouse Square. Pictured here are Roland’s and Klemm’s, two longtime local retailers. Looking east down Jefferson Street one also gets a look at Woolworth’s, the Auto Hotel, and the Irvin Theatre.
Those were the days! Who remembers downtown from the 1950s?