We are closed today.

Skip to Content
200 North Main St | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
/ Blog / Post
1 min read

New Two-Way Radios, Part II Bloomington Fire Department, 1953

New radios for the Bloomington Fire Department, 1953.

A few days ago we ran a photo from August 1953 showing the BFD testing a new two-way radio system. Here’s another photo from that same testing period. This is BFD Chief Roland Behrend, who was now able to talk to firefighters back at the station or those “on the trucks” and racing to a fire.

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Leave a comment