Skip to Content
200 North Main St | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
/ Blog / Post
1 min read

Illinois Terminal Railroad September 1950

Man sitting in a train car, 1950.

Pantagraph reporter Wilma Tolley traveled on the Bloomington-to-Peoria Illinois Terminal Railroad “interurban” sometime in September 1950, taking photographs along the way. Seen here is a weary, unnamed worker heading to Danvers. The Illinois Terminal was a light rail network of electric-powered passenger cars connecting six Central Illinois cities.

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Leave a comment