Hog Heaven Klafke Farm, August 1942
Henry E. Klafke (presumably standing with his arms crossed) was a Normal Township breeder of Duroc Jersey hogs. He’s seen here watching over the scrub down of his hog houses in preparation for fall litters. Such cleaning was an important step in the “McLean County System of Swine Sanitation” developed to combat pervasive roundworm infestations.
The Klafke family would sell this land in 1964 to make way for the Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. plant (now Bridgestone).