Skip to Content
200 North Main St | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
/ Blog / Post

Franklin Park’s new evergreens April 1958

In the spring of 1958, the Bloomington-Normal Garden Club planted a series of evergreens at Franklin Park, the city’s oldest green space. Seen here is Joyce Lynn Hall, an Illinois Wesleyan University student, admiring three Pfitzer junipers and a vertical yew recently set in the concrete planter at the park’s center.

Note the city bus heading west on Walnut Street in the background.

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Leave a comment