Downtown Bloomington, circa 1927 100 Block of East Front Street
The view here is looking east down the 100 block of E. Front St. The streetcar is turning onto Front from Main Street (or vice versa, we can’t tell which!) Today, the McLean County Law and Justice Center complex blocks Main Street from running from Front south to Olive Street.
Much—but not all—of what’s seen here is long gone. A municipal parking deck, for instance, has now replaced the buildings on the right. The red arrow points to the Rosie's Pub building, which still stands. The blue arrow points to the old Central Fire Station. Today, that’s Epiphany Farms Restaurant, though the 90-foot-high bell tower used to hang and dry hoses is gone.