Frederick E. Murray, undertaker, opened his funeral or memorial home at 914 N. Main Street, Bloomington, Illinois, in 1932. According to listings in the Bloomington City Directory, from 1934 until 1940, the business was the Murray and Carmody Funeral Home, becoming the Murray Memorial Home in 1941. In 1951, it was listed as the Murray and Stamper Funeral Home.

The building at 914 N. Main Street was built c.1898 as a residence for George Agle, owner of George Agle and Sons, dealers in leather, hides, wool and feed. In 1929-1931, it was the Kappa Delta Sorority House for Illinois Wesleyan University. Frederick Murray opened his funeral home in 1932. In November 1937, it was extensively remodeled by Murray and Carmody Funeral Home. Finally, in 1983, it was remodeled into a dental office for Drs. David J. Hume and Dr. Scott Hume.