Normal Avenue Neighborhood Club
The Normal Avenue Neighborhood Club was formed in the Spring of 1931 by Irene Buzzard and Elsie Popejoy. Limited to women in the neighborhood, the club’s purpose was informal diversions and connecting with other women in the neighborhood.
Membership in the Normal Avenue Neighborhood Club originally was open to women in the 600 and 700 blocks of the street, though those on Gregory were also invited. The geographic limits of the club were set from Bowles north to the apartments and the four houses on Gregory. Presently, it is open to women on the 800 block of Normal Avenue as well.
The collection includes the Club’s directories from 1951, minutes of the monthly meetings from 1940 to present, and ephemera.