McLean County Telephone Co.
The McLean County Telephone Co. was organized in spring 1898 with F.Y. Hamilton as its manager. The company held its first annual shareholders meeting October 21, 1898, by which time it had 46 stations reaching 100 towns. The company first appears in the Bloomington city directory in 1899 with offices in the Griesheim Building, and their office is last listed in Bloomington in 1907.
The Kinloch-Bloomington Telephone Co. purchased McLean County Telephone Co.’s toll lines in about 1910.
This collection includes two bound ledgers of phone calls made through the Bohrer Station. In addition, the collection has a share certificate and a contract for a phone booth in a general merchandise store of the Cox Bros. of Hudson.