McLean County Bank Building
In 1853 the original McLean County Bank was founded as the first bank in Bloomington. It was eventually dissolved, and the new bank was established in 1903 on the Square in downtown Bloomington. By 1959, the new trend of customer banking habits and need led to the decision to move the McLean County Bank to Towanda Avenue at Empire. This new bank included drive-in facilities. The bank further expanded in 1972.
The collection includes materials about the new (1960) bank building itself, correspondence in the years immediately prior to the opening of that facility, and miscellaneous correspondence with the President Darwin Rust.