Fenelon, Dr. J. H.
Dr. J.H. Fenelon was a physician who practiced for more than 45 years in McLean County. During his time of practice in Bloomington, Dr. Fenelon was elected President of the McLean County Medical Society and of the staffs for both St. Joseph’s and Mennonite Hospitals. He was also a member of a group of physicians that organized the McLean County Tuberculosis Society in 1908. In 1940, he was inducted in the State of Illinois “Fifty Year Club” to honor doctors who been practicing for at least 50 years. Dr. Fenelon was a member of Holy Trinity Church, the Catholic Order of Foresters, and Third and Fourth Degrees of the Knights of Columbus. He passed away on March 3, 1941.
The Fenelon Collection primarily consists of material on Dr. Fenelon’s medical practice in Bloomington, Illinois around the turn of the twentieth century. The Collection includes a couple of newspaper stories on Dr. Fenelon, and several books that are Physician Call Lists and Records and Ledger Books of patient accounts.