We are closed today.

Skip to Content
200 North Main St | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
/ Blog / Post
1 min read

Pantagraph Expansion, Circa 1935 Madison and Washington streets Downtown Bloomington

Pantahgraph building expansion, 1935.

By 1935, The Pantagraph had outgrown its 1887 home. Construction of new and expanded quarters began that year at the same location. Unwilling to suspend publication or to temporarily relocate operations elsewhere, Pantagraph management had the 1887 building torn down while the new Art Deco-styled building went up around it.

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Leave a comment