Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church Bloomington, June 9, 1940
Founded in October 1865 as South Hill Baptist Church, Mt Pisgah Baptist Church has played an important leadership role in the local African-American community for 150-plus years.
Seen here is Mt. Pisgah’s previous home at 701 S. Lee St., which the church built and opened in 1915-1916. About a decade ago Mt. Pisgah moved to a new and much-larger church building at 801 W. Market St. The Full Gospel Church of Praise now occupies the building shown here.