Illinois State Normal University Quad, 1941
This aerial view, looking north, shows the ISNU Quad in 1941. Note the walkways that led from “Old Main” (“A”) to Edwards (“B”) and Moulton (“C”) halls. Moulton, by the way, was first known as the Thomas Metcalf Laboratory School.
And yes, the ISNU football field (“D”) was smack in the middle of the Quad! Finally, “E” was not a university building but rather Unit 5’s Central School.