Historic Photos

Chiddix Junior High, Normal Early 1960s

February 15th, 2016

Seen here is an early photograph of the International-style inspired Chiddix Jr High School, the work of the Normal-based architectural firm of Middleton Associates. Chiddix opened in April 1961.The late Keith Middleton, principal architect and president of Middleton Associates from 1955 to 1996, had a hand in many local school buildings. The firm’s work includes McLean County Unit District No. 5 schools Colene Hoose, Fairview, and Sugar Creek, as well as Illinois State University’s Stevenson and Turner halls, and the Ropp Agricultural Building, among many others.

Bill Kemp


Contact Bill