PLEASE NOTE: Our elevator is out of order until further notice.

Skip to Content
200 North Main St | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
/ Blog / Post
1 min read

Bloomington’s long-gone post office Circa 1900

Old post office building, undated

This building, located at the northwest corner of Jefferson and East streets in downtown Bloomington, served as the city’s post office from 1896 to 1932 (today, this lot is occupied by the Auto Hotel). Many longtime residents will remember the successor post office on the 400 block of North East Street, which is now part of Second Presbyterian Church.

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Leave a comment