Bloomington High School Class of 1898
The June 3, 1898, Bloomington High School commencement exercises were held at the Grand Opera House on East Market Street. At this time the high school was located on the north side of Monroe Street between Prairie and Gridley streets. That high school is long gone and Jefferson School was later built on the site. Today, Jefferson School serves as administrative offices for Bloomington School District 87.
Unfortunately, no one in this lovely photo is identified.