Skip to Content
200 North Main St | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
/ Blog / Post

Bloomington Federal Under Construction, August 1957

Bloomington Federal Savings & Loan Association building, 1957.

This view, from East Street looking northwest, shows the “new” Bloomington Federal Savings & Loan Association building under construction some three months before its grand opening in November 1957. Designed by visionary architect A. Richard Williams, additions to this bank building were made in the 1970s and 1980s.
The bank complex reopened in 2004 as the City of Bloomington / County of McLean Government Center.

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Leave a comment