The Veterans of World War 1 organization was created in 1949, first in Ohio, and then, in 1954, in Illinois. In 1958, the 85th Congress of the United Stated chartered the Veterans of WWI.
This local chapter known as McLean County Barracks #1097 was organized 10 November 1957 and disbanded on 14 April 1981 as the members aged. Nationally, the last serviceman died in 2011, extinguishing the organization.
This collection contains constitution, bylaws, rituals, convention programs, membership lists, correspondence, and other items from local Barracks members.