The Highland Park Women’s 18 Hole League was started in July of 1932 at the Highland Park Municipal Golf Course in Bloomington. Ann Donovan, the wife of golf pro Max Donovan, is credited with organizing the association with 12 charter members: Ann Donovan, Ruth Bach, Frances Meyer Fassett and her sister Helen Meyer Prochnow, Mildred Parker Harris, Virginia Miller, Berta Freeman, Ester Hoover, Marcella Normile, Katherine Salmon, Amy Skinner, and Mabel Smock. Virginia Miller served as the Association’s first President.
The association held its first tournament in 1932 at the Bloomington Country Club. Their first invitational was held at Highland Park in 1934 with Lakeside and Bloomington country clubs as guests. By 1957 the membership count had grown to 80. In 1975 the Association was involved with the reorganization of the Bloomington-Normal City Wide Women’s tournament.
The collection includes the notebooks containing secretary’s reports and meeting minutes, treasurer’s reports, member rosters, member’s booklets, scrapbooks with newspaper clippings regarding members and club events, paper’s on the reorganization of the Bloomington-Normal city tournament, correspondence, and photo albums.