Trotter Fountain March 1957
The Trotter Fountain, dedicated May 30, 1911, might be the most significant work of public art in the Twin Cities. Designed by Lorado Taft, one of the leading American sculptors of the 20th century, this fountain stands near the corner of East and Washington streets in Withers Park, just south of the PNC bank building. The park is named for Withers Library, which stood at the site until it was torn down in the 1970s.
The building in this photo, though, is the Bloomington Club. Located east of Withers Library, it too has met the wrecking ball.