200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
Home > Blog > Brokaw Hospital, Normal 1930s View
Brokaw Hospital, 1930s.

Advocate BroMenn Medical Center opened its doors way back in May 1896, though it was first called Deaconess Hospital. In 1901, it became Brokaw Hospital after a large donation by Bloomington plow maker Abram Brokaw. With expansion and the merger with Mennonite Hospital of Bloomington in 1991 came the “mash-up” name of BroMenn Regional Medical Center. The Advocate part of the name was introduced in 2010 when the hospital became part of the Oak Brook, IL-based Advocate Health Care system.


Written By

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Posted in Historic Photos

March 24th, 2016

0