We are open to the public, and are requiring masks for all visitors over the age of 2. See Plan Your Visit page for additional information.
On February 8, 1959, The Pantagraph featured photographs of local women wearing the latest in fashionable hats.
This undated aerial offers a wealth of fascinating detail.
Gene Durham (22) of Saybrook-Arrowsmith High attempts a layup during the 1959 county tournament championship game. Attempting to thwart the layup is Bill Hutson (20) of Octavia, the consolidated high school in Colfax (the school is known as Ridgeview today). Octavia won 66-58 for its third county title in three years.
Members of the Bloomington Loyal Order of the Moose staged a rabbit hunt in south-central Illinois, between Pana and Vandalia, in January 1947.
Thelma Thomas and her brother Glenn examine her grand champion gilt at the Illinois State Normal University Farm.
The Mitsubishi Motors U.S.A. Foundation, in partnership with O'Brien Mitsubishi of Normal, presented the McLean County Museum of History today with a $50,000 gift to support the Museum’s free education programs and to help complete ongoing upgrades that are outlined by the Museum’s Extending Excellence campaign.
That’s Bob Butler on the white pony towing Eugene Stauffer, third-place soap box derby finisher in the Class B division.
This unidentified Illinois State Normal University student prepares for the eleventh annual Gamma Phil Circus, held March 21, 1947, at McCormick Gymnasium on the ISNU campus.
Payless Drug: “It’s new! It’s different! It’s the latest in modern drug stores,”
In the early summer of 1943, some forty Colfax area residents, mostly farmers, gathered twenty tons of scrap for the war effort.
Hockey players Carson, Bower, Smith, Rasmussen, Walsh, and Redman play hockey on Angler's Lake, one of several old play pits. The club has since disbanded.
Excelsior School was one of more than 250 one-room schools in McLean County. Joe and Jack Powell working on the kitchen floor while Gayle Bane looks on.
George Lathrop was a Bloomington barber for many years. it was located on the 400 block of N. Main St.
Built in the early 1900s, Emerson School was demolished in 1985. The old school site was converted to green space and is known today as Emerson Park.
This aerial view, looking north, shows the ISNU Quad in 1941.
This scene looks north where Clinton St. The house at the end of the street is gone: it was taken down when the intersection was reconfigured.
A heavy snowfall in February 1908 put a halt to this steam locomotive along the Illinois Central Railroad’s “Bloomer Line.”
By 1953, there were at least 10 mobile home parks with a combined 165 “trailers” in the Twin Cities. What’s known today as Greenwood Mobile Home Court is located off Veterans Parkway on the south end of Bloomington.
Here’s Gridley High School Coach readying his varsity squad for the 1953 McLean County Basketball Tournament.