Skip to Content
200 North Main St | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
/ Blog / Archive

Archive of: May, 2016

Bloomington High School Under Construction, August 1958

Aerial view of Bloomington High School, 1958.

This aerial shows the “new” Bloomington High School, corner of Towanda Avenue and Locust Street on the city’s eastside, roughly one year before opening. A local firm headed by Edgar E. Lundeen and Dean F. Hilfinger served as architects for this underappreciated modernist beauty.

Knights of Columbus’ New Home 1206 N. Main St., Bloomington December 1927

New Knights of Columbus house, 1927.

In December 1927, the Knights of Columbus, a Catholic service and fraternal organization, converted the Snell residence into their new club quarters. The K of C remained there for about a decade.

Page 2 of 2

Filter archive

Archive by Date