Happy Halloween from the board, staff, volunteers and members of the McLean County Museum of History!
Located at the northeast corner of East and Jefferson streets in downtown Bloomington, the Livingston Flats served as a mixed-use development (residential and commercial) for the better part of 45 years.
Seen here is the terminal room of the Wabash Telephone Company in downtown Bloomington. Outside lines terminated here and connections were made with the local switchboard.
On April 17, 1938, pitching great Grover Cleveland Alexander brought the Empires, his semi-pro baseball team from Springfield, IL, to Fans Field on Bloomington's south side.
On October 3, 1984, Illinois State University students protested new Town of Normal liquor ordinances designed to control large off-campus keg parties.