Opened in 1919 and located at 904 Hovey Ave. in Normal, Victory Hall was a safe place for boys from troubled families. At the time of this photograph (unfortunately, no one is identified) Victory Hall was home to 43 “wards” (as the boys were often called in the local press and official reports).
In 1981, an Illinois State University fraternity moved into the 904 Hovey Ave. complex. Victory Hall relocated to Lincoln Street in Bloomington, having merged with two other Twin City children’s homes. It then closed its doors for good in 2003.