200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
Home > Blog > Payless Drugs, July 1940 Downtown Bloomington
Photo of the interior of ​Payless Drugs, 317 N. Main St., 1940

Payless Drugs, 317 N. Main St., opened on July 18, 1940. “It’s new! It’s different! It’s the latest in modern drug stores,” promised a grand opening advertisement. Payless remained at this location into the 1950s.


Written By

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Posted in Historic Photos

January 20th, 2017

0