One-Room School on the Move November 23, 1963
This late 1963 scene shows the one-room Rose Hill School being moved to its new site on the Illinois State Normal University campus. Originally located on Hovey Avenue, the school now sits at the corner of College Avenue and Adelaide Street. In 1964 it was renamed for Lura Eyestone, an 1892 ISNU graduate who served as a faculty member from 1903 to 1939.
Note the under-construction Tri-Towers complex consisting of Wilkins, Wright and Haynie residence halls, which opened the following year. Talk about a contrast between the new and the old!