200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
Home > Blog > National Bank of Bloomington Main and Washington, 1930s
National Bank building, 1930s.

This view of downtown Bloomington, looking east and taken sometime in the 1930s, offers a lovely view of the Richardsonian Romanesque-style National Bank of Bloomington (purple arrow). It was torn down in 1961.
The green arrow points to the old YMCA building across East Street. The red arrow indicates the 1910 Majestic Theatre, and the blue arrow Liberty State Bank, one of only two Bloomington banks to collapse during the Great Depression. The YMCA, Majestic, and Liberty State buildings are all gone.


Written By

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Posted in Historic Photos

October 11th, 2016

0