Holiness Tabernacle Normal, 1929
The Central Illinois Holiness Association, an interdenominational camp meeting grounds, is situated east of Underwood Park off Jersey Avenue. The association dates to 1883 and was first located in Farmer City, DeWitt County. The association relocated to Normal in 1894 and this property was acquired in 1916.
The tabernacle shown here was built in 1918, and construction of a dining hall and cabins followed over the next several years. Today, one would be hard pressed to find a more lovely spot in the Twin Cities.