200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428

#Other Counties -- DeWitt County

Written by Bill Kemp in Historic Photos

Frank Simpson’s Steers Farmer City, July 1957

Cattle farming, 1957.

Ralph G. Blue (right) and Harold Davis (with clipboard) weigh steers using a scale box. They’re seen here in early July 1957 at Frank Simpson’s feedlot outside of Farmer City in DeWitt County.

Read more…

Written by Bill Kemp in Historic Photos

Holiness Tabernacle Normal, 1929

Holiness Tabernacle, 1929.

The Central Illinois Holiness Association, an interdenominational camp meeting grounds, is situated east of Underwood Park off Jersey Avenue. The association dates to 1883 and was first located in Farmer City, DeWitt County. The association relocated to Normal in 1894 and this property was acquired in 1916.

Read more…

Written by Bill Kemp in Historic Photos