Designed by local architect George H. Miller, this steel-frame “high-rise" with cream-colored glazed brick, was the tallest building in Bloomington upon its completion.
Merry Christmas from the Museum's staff and Board of Directors!
This longtime non-profit social service organization was founded in 1917 by candy maker-turned-evangelist Billy Shelper. First known as Home Sweet Home City Rescue Mission, it was located at 111 South Main Street (seen here) from 1920 to 1926.
Seen here are Sisters M. Eligia Trumper (right) and M. Aloysia Plum in the newborn nursery at old St. Joseph's Hospital, back when it was located on Bloomington's west side. Note the stork in the back corner and the Christ Child statue opposite Sister Trumper.
For about a decade, from the mid-1910s to the mid-1920s, Herman Kadgihn ran a newsstand and cigar shop at 607½ North Main Street. No one was identified in this photograph, so it's not known if Herman is one of the three men pictured here.
Tracy Green & Co., circa 1928, located at the southwest corner of Washington and Gridley streets east of downtown Bloomington.
The farce “A Full House" was staged at Memorial Gymnasium, today's Hansen Center, for Wesleyan's homecoming.